Call of Duty - Tournaments
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Call of Duty - Tournaments

Forums and Cash Tournaments

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check it out New information added all the time...

How To Beat ZORK....

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bakes80
Working
Working
Bakes80

Reputation Points : 24512

How To Beat ZORK.... Empty
PostSubject: How To Beat ZORK....   How To Beat ZORK.... EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 1:27 am

How to beat ZORK...

If your like me you have to Beat everything the game has to offer in order to completely MASTER the game........... At the main menu if you look down with the right analog you will see that you are in fact strapped in a chair. Press L2 and R2 you will break out and stand up walk behind you on the wall to the left there is a computer. If you go to it, type in ZORK this will open another game. This is the way to beat it.
.................................................. .................................................. ............................
Before giving this tutorial, I'll let you know now....if you are not going to us a keyboard aside from the default keyboard PS3 provides, you will be here a LONG TIME! I suggest hooking up a keyboard, you won't be sorry.

Here are some basic commands that will help you through this process:
"N" - walk north, "S" - walk south, "E" - walk east, "W" - walk west, "U" - go up, "D" - go down, "GET" - pick up or get something, "DROP" - drop something or "ALL", "I" - this will list your inventory or belongings, "G" - repeats last command, "SAVE" - do this at any point to save the game to that point, this is the point to which you will restart if you die or "QUIT". "RESTART" - this will restart you at your last saved point.

Here are a few hints:
1) Make sure you keep your Lantern or Lamp off when not needed. If you goes out in a dark place you will get eaten up by a gruer and die. It will prompt you that it is getting low, but if you are outside, just type the simple command "Turn off lamp"...
2) "SAVE" at any point that you feel like you don't know how you figured that but you don't want to have to go back and do that again. When you die if you "RESTART" will will go back to you LAST saved point.
3) There is a point where you will have to kill the troll and the robber.....typing in the command one time will not always do the trick....you have to REPEATEDLY type the command til he dies, then you are safe to move forward. As mentioned above, this is where the "G" command comes in handy. This is also true to directions. There be a command to go E, and you don't see what you need right away, keep moving E until it(the place or object) shows up. You should get a sense of direction in time if you mind is like mine...you will know where the house is, how to get in the kitchen, the cellar, leave and go into the forrest and ZORK will be dead before you know it!
4) BE SURE TO READ the responses to your actions, there are clues in there that helped me get through and beat ZORK.
5)BEFORE YOU GET STARTED, take a moment to READ ahead so you know what is coming next and what you need or might use so that you know what you can leave behind and what you should keep....this will all make better sense when you are in the game.

To Get Started:
When you enter the game it will say you are at a small mailbox.....BELOW you will find the commands draft I used to maneuver through the game. I had to make some changes along the way, I have listed some, but as you will see there are a lot of commands. SO....this is not the exact list you should follow, but it did help me beat the game. By following this guide and paying attention to your surrounds and the future commands you would be able to figure out the gaps and beat ZORK. If you get frustrated, take a break. Save and Restart when you ready. Good Luck!!!!

Zork Commands Guide

__________________________________________________ ____________________________
YOU ARE AT THE MAIL BOX "S","E","OPEN WINDOW","ENTER HOUSE","W","GET LAMP","MOVE RUG","OPEN TRAP DOOR", "TURN ON THE LAMP","D","S","E","GET PAINTING", "N", "U", "U", "GET KNIFE AND ROPE", "D", "W", "OPEN CASE", "PUT PAINTING IN CASE", "DROP KNIFE", "GET SWORD", "OPEN TRAP DOOR", "D".

SAVE THE GAME.............................................. ..................................
"N", "KILL TROLL WITH SWORD" UNTIL YOU KILL HIM, DROP SWORD, "E", "E", "SE", "E", "TIE ROPE TO RAILING", "CLIMB DOWN ROPE", "S", "E", "GET COFFIN", "W", "S", "PRAY", "TURN OFF THE LAMP", "S", "N", "E", "D" TO THE CANYON BOTTOM, "N", "DROP COFFIN", "OPEN COFFIN", "GET SCEPTRE", "WAVE SCEPTRE", "LOOK", "GET GOLD AND COFFIN", "SW", "U" TO THE CANYON VIEW", "NW", "W", "ENTER HOUSE", "OPEN BAG", "GET GARLIC", "W", "PUT COFFIN, SCEPTRE, AND GOLD INTO CASE".

SAVE THE GAME.............................................. .........................
"OPEN TRAP DOOR", "TURN ON LAMP", "D", "N", "E", "N", "NE", "E", "N", "GET MATCHES", "N", "GET WRENCH AND SCREWDRIVER", "PUSH YELLOW BUTTON", "S", "S", "TURN THE BOLT WITH THE WRENCH", "S", "D", "W", "SE", "E", "CLIMB DOWN ROPE", "GET THE TORCH", "TURN OFF LAMP", "S", "GET THE BELL, BOOK, AND CANDLES", "GO HOLE", "D", "RING THE BELL", "LIGHT MATCH", "LIGHT THE CANDLES WITH THE MATCH", "READ THE BOOK", "DROP BOOK", "S", "GET SKULL", "N", "U", "N", "PUT OUT CANDLES", "RUB MIRROR", "N", "W", "N", "W", "N", "E", "PUT TORCH IN BASKET", "TURN ON LAMP", "N", "D"

SAVE THE GAME.............................................. .....................
"E", "NE", "SE", "SW", "D", "D" TO THE LADDER BOTTOM. IF YOU AREN'T THERE, RESTORE THE GAME. YOU MESSED UP. IF YOU ARE, "S", "GET COAL", "N", "U" TO THE LADDER TOP, "U", "N", "E", "S", "N", "U", "S", "PUT COAL AOD SCREWDRIVER IN BASKET", "LOWER BASKET", "N", "D", "E", "NE", "SE", "SW", "D", "D", "W", "DROP ALL", "GO C^!1K", "GET COAL, TORCH, AND SCREWDRIVER", "S", "OPEN THE LID", "PUT COAL INTO MACHINE", "CLOSE THE LID", "TURN SWITCH WITH SCREWDRIVER", "OPEN THE LID", "GET DIAMOND", "DROP SCREWDRIVER", "N", "PUT TORCH AND DIAMOND IN THE BASKET", "E", "GET SKULL, LAMP, AND GARLIC", "E", "N" TO THE LADDER BOTTOM, THROUGH THE COAL MINE (SEE ABOVE IF YOU FORGOT) TO THE GAS ROOM, "GET BRACELET", "U", "S", "RAISE BASKET", "GET TORCH AND DIAMOND", "TURN OFF LAMP", "W", "GET JADE", "S", "E", "S", "GO SLIDE", "U", "PUT DIAMOND, JADE, BRACELET, AND TORCH IN CASE", "DROP GARLIC". .................................................. .................

SAVE THE GAME.............................................. .....................
"TURN ON LAMP", "N", "E", "N", "NE", "N", "GET TRUNK", "N", "GET AIR PUMP", "N", "GET TRIDENT", "S" TO RESERVOIR SOUTH, "E", "E", "INFLATE BOAT WITH PUMP", "GET IN BOAT", "SAY LAUNCH". .................................................. .................

SAVE THE GAME.............................................. .................................................. .............
"WAIT" UNTIL YOU SEE A BUOY. "GET BUOY", "E" TO THE BEACH", "GET OUT OF BOAT", "DROP BUOY", "OPEN BUOY", "GET EMERALD", "GET SHOVEL", "NE". .................................................. .................

SAVE THE GAME.............................................. ......................
"DIG WITH SHOVEL" UNTIL THE SCARAB SHOWS UP. IF YOU GET BURIED, RESTORE THE GAME. IF YOU DIDN'T AND YOU FOUND THE SCARAB, "DROP THE SHOVEL", "GET SCARAB", "SW", "S" TO THE FALLS, "CROSS RAINBOW", "TURN OFF LAMP", "SW" TO CANYON BOTTOM, "U" TO CANYON VIEW", FROM THERE, GO BACK TO THE HOUSE AND ENTER IT. GO TO THE LIVING ROOM. "PUT SCARAB, EMERALD, CHEST, AND TRIDENT IN CASE", "E", "E", "N", "N", "CLIMB UP TREE", "GET EGG", "CLIMB DOWN", "S", "E", GO BACK TO THE LIVING ROOM, "TURN ON LAMP", "D", "N".

SAVE THE GAME .................................................. .................
"W", "S", "U", "TAKE COINS AND KEY", "SW", "E", "S", "SE" TO THE CYCLOPS ROOM. NOW, THE CYCLOPS HATES PEOPLE, BUT YOU CAN GET HIM OUT OF HERE. "ULYSSES", (OR "ODYSSEUS" IF YOU PREFER), "U", "GIVE EGG TO THIEF", "D", "E", "PUT COINS IN CASE", "GET KNIFE", "W". .

"U","KILL THIEF WITH KNIFE" UNTIL YOU ACTUALLY KILL HIM, "GET ALL", "D", "NW", "S", "W", "U", "D", "NE", "UNLOCK GRATE", "OPEN GRATE", "U", "S", "CLIMB TREE", "WIND UP CANARY", "CLIMB DOWN", "GET BAUBLE", GO TO THE LIVING ROOM AGAIN, "REMOVE CANARY FROM EGG", "PUT EGG, CANARY, BAUBLE, STILETTO IN CASE", "D", "N", "E" UNTIL YOU GET TO THE LOUD ROOM, "ECHO", "GET BAR", "W" TO THE TROLL ROOM, "S", "U", "PUT ALL EXCEPT LAMP INTO CASE", YOU SHOULD THEN GET A MESSAGE. FOLLOW THE ADVICE OF THE MESSAGE, AND YOU WILL GET A MAP. "GET MAP", GO TO THE MAILBOX,"W", AND FROM THERE, YOU SHOULD HAVE NO TROUBLE GETTING TO THE BARROW
__________________________________________________ ______________________________
The End. YOU BEAT ZORK!!!!
Congratz

Back to top Go down
Killer_Bee
Newbs
Newbs
Killer_Bee

Reputation Points : 24262

How To Beat ZORK.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How To Beat ZORK....   How To Beat ZORK.... EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 8:53 am

OK so I am going to sound like a dork. I love Zork, how the hell did beat it so easy.. cat
Back to top Go down

How To Beat ZORK....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Call of Duty - Tournaments :: Black Ops-
Jump to: